Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Any C\C++\VC++ mailing List?

Any C\C++\VC++ mailing List?

Vinay

Hi

I was looking out for some C or C++ or VC++ mailing list.

Any pointers to it.

Thanks & Regards,
- Vinay.

Phlip

get this newsgroup via NNTP and http://groups.google.com ?

B> when requesting a Web search, you should report your
experiences with http://google.com first, so we know
what to avoid.

--
Phlip

Rich Grise

Phlip wrote:

> Vinay wrote:
>
>> I was looking out for some C or C++ or VC++ mailing list.

> A> why use a klutzy mailing list interface when you can
> get this newsgroup via NNTP and http://groups.google.com ?

Just a nitpick, but you get it from google by HTTP. Real newsreaders
with real news servers use NNTP.

> B> when requesting a Web search, you should report your
> experiences with http://google.com first, so we know
> what to avoid.

True.

Cheers!
Rich

Vinay

Thanks a lot Philips!!, for adding into my knowledge base that these
google groups can be accessed through NNTP.

I tried a lot but had a hard time figuring out what should be the News
server name for this group that I have to set into MS OUTLOOK.

Any pointer of this.

An HOWTO would be most preferable.

Thanks & Regards,
- Vinay.

Phlip

Okay, focus real close on this phrase:

via NNTP and http://groups.google.com

Do you see any Hs, Ts, and Ps, all close together? They might be in
lower-case, so don't be mislead...

--
Phlip

Phlip

Vinay wrote:

> I tried a lot but had a hard time figuring out what should be the News
> server name for this group that I have to set into MS OUTLOOK.

If your ISP were foo.net, try news.foo.net. Otherwise, google your ISP's
help site for "usenet" or "nntp".

--
Phlip

Ioannis Vranos

Vinay wrote:

> Thanks a lot Philips!!, for adding into my knowledge base that these
> google groups can be accessed through NNTP.
>
> I tried a lot but had a hard time figuring out what should be the News
> server name for this group that I have to set into MS OUTLOOK.
>
> Any pointer of this.
>
> An HOWTO would be most preferable.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> - Vinay.

The vast majority of Internet Service Providers, provide a newsgroup
(USENET) server.

Get it from your ISP (most probably from its web site) and create a new
News account in outlook express (or some other newsgroup reader).

Outlook doesn't support newsgroups.

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys

Rich Grise

Phlip wrote:

>> > get this newsgroup via NNTP and http://groups.google.com ?
>> >

>> Just a nitpick, but you get it from google by HTTP. Real newsreaders
>> with real news servers use NNTP.

> Okay, focus real close on this phrase:
>
> via NNTP and http://groups.google.com
>
> Do you see any Hs, Ts, and Ps, all close together? They might be in
> lower-case, so don't be mislead...

Well, you said 'and', which means that they're using NNTP and http://
groups.google.com simultaneously, doesn't it? If you'd said, "NNTP or
http://..., I'd have kept my mouth shut, of course.

Thanks,
Rich

Vinay

Thanks a lot, Everybody!!

Please correct me if I am wrong. OUTLOOK seems to provide news reader.
We can click View->GoTo->news & do our setting.

Won't this thing work for me???

Thanks & Regards,
- Vinay.