Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Javascript does not run in IE6

Javascript does not run in IE6

=?Utf-8?B?R2FycmljayBT?=

One of my PCs, a laptop, has been recently updated to SP2, followed by .Net
install and a few other packages. All of a sudden, I can no longer execute
javascripts from IE. Upon clicking on a control that runs a javascript,
nothing happens, the status bar simply shows the script name and nothing
else, no working links, or new windows, nothing. Tried firefox, and I can get
scripts to work, but then a lot of sites do not work with Firefix
(particulalrly if ASPX is involved. Tried various security and advanced
settings as well as turning off Norton anti-virus - nothing helps. And to
make matters worse, to do a windows update, I need to be able to run
javascripts, so I now have no way of updating the PC.

Does anyone have any clues?
--
Garrick S

BrainLock

remember virutal machine is no longer and you need to
download http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html The
J2SE Java Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to
run Java applications. Hope this helps you out.

Best Wishes,