Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > data structures

data structures

hzy_104

Please recommend book on data structures for searching(c++)?

Mike Wahler

"hzy_104" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Please recommend book on data structures for searching(c++)?

Your query is rather vague. Literally any data structure
can be searched. What are you trying to do? The most
recommended book on the C++ standard library (which
offers a plethora of data structures and algorithms
(including those for searching)) is:
www.josuttis.com/libbook

-Mike

John Harrison

"hzy_104" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Please recommend book on data structures for searching(c++)?

If you want to use data structures for searching in a C++ program then
follow Mike's advice.

On the other hand if you want to learn the theory behind data structures for
searching problems then I don't think you should restrict yourself to C++.
The theory is the same whatever language the implementation is in. A good
general book on algorithms and data structures is Introduction to Algorithms
by Cormen, Leiserson and Rivest.

john

Type Casting IPv4 and IPv6 structures to Generic Structures tweak C Programming 14 06-11-2004 02:43 PM
data structures in java reference learningjava Java 3 10-16-2003 07:31 AM
Data Structures help MIke Beam Java 5 10-14-2003 09:53 AM
sharing complex data structures between threads in mod_perl2 Dennis Gavrilov Perl 1 07-24-2003 07:22 AM

Advertisments