Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCSA to MCSE

MCSA to MCSE

Toms

Dear all,

I'm a MCSA 2003 now and working toward MCSE 2003. One of my friends said
that we must complete the MCSE in a year, otherwise we won't get the MCSE.
Is that true ?
I've searched the MS web site for this issue, but I haven't found anything
about it yet.

Thanks in advance,
Toms

Syncme

"Toms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iJ8be.2262$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Dear all,
>
> I'm a MCSA 2003 now and working toward MCSE 2003. One of my friends said
> that we must complete the MCSE in a year, otherwise we won't get the MCSE.
> Is that true ?
> I've searched the MS web site for this issue, but I haven't found anything
> about it yet.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Toms

IFAIK this is not true. As long as the exam you're studying for is available
it is applied towards your cert.
Also, they don't expire.

Toms

Ok, thanks for sharing a light on this hehe, I was really confused about
this before, because I've never heard of this.

"Syncme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Toms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iJ8be.2262$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I'm a MCSA 2003 now and working toward MCSE 2003. One of my friends said
> > that we must complete the MCSE in a year, otherwise we won't get the

MCSE.
> > Is that true ?
> > I've searched the MS web site for this issue, but I haven't found

anything
> > about it yet.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Toms

> IFAIK this is not true. As long as the exam you're studying for is

available
> it is applied towards your cert.
> Also, they don't expire.

Syncme

"Toms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hMobe.1650$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Ok, thanks for sharing a light on this hehe, I was really confused about
> this before, because I've never heard of this.
>
> "Syncme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Toms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:iJ8be.2262$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > I'm a MCSA 2003 now and working toward MCSE 2003. One of my friends
>> > said
>> > that we must complete the MCSE in a year, otherwise we won't get the

> MCSE.
>> > Is that true ?
>> > I've searched the MS web site for this issue, but I haven't found

> anything
>> > about it yet.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Toms

>> IFAIK this is not true. As long as the exam you're studying for is

> available
>> it is applied towards your cert.
>> Also, they don't expire.

BTW you can also use your exams towards multiple certs.
You can get your MCSA and use those exams towards your MCSE or anything else
that it qualifies for.

Jarrette Smith

The answer is no. You can take the tests for any MCSE track as long as the
exams are still available to become and MCSA/MCSE. I took the Win2K Pro
(70-210) and Server (70-215) in 2002 and just recently took the 70-218 to
become an MCSA (after 3 years).