Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Stub Zone vs. Delegation (70-291)

Stub Zone vs. Delegation (70-291)

a_bleem_user

I'm studying for my 70-291 exam and need to clarify the advantages of
a stub zone vs. a delegation. From what I understand a stubzone is a
kind of superset of a delegation with the extra benefits being
automatic updates of NS records in the child zone and also not being
tied to the parent in domain namespace.

ie) A stub zone in mel.company1.intranet can point to
syd.company2.intranet directly where as a delegation would have to be
done on company2.intranet to point to syd.company2.intranet

Is my understanding of this correct? Can anyone tell me what a
delegation can do that a stub zone can't?

Thanks!

MCSE

From my understanding, stub zones are only useful between zones in a
contiguous namespace.
"a_bleem_user" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm studying for my 70-291 exam and need to clarify the advantages of
> a stub zone vs. a delegation. From what I understand a stubzone is a
> kind of superset of a delegation with the extra benefits being
> automatic updates of NS records in the child zone and also not being
> tied to the parent in domain namespace.
>
> ie) A stub zone in mel.company1.intranet can point to
> syd.company2.intranet directly where as a delegation would have to be
> done on company2.intranet to point to syd.company2.intranet
>
> Is my understanding of this correct? Can anyone tell me what a
> delegation can do that a stub zone can't?
>
> Thanks!

MCSE

Excuse me, I meant non-contiguous namespaces.
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

stub zone huss MCSE 0 08-05-2010 03:30 PM
delegation question, where I want prototype style delegation Sam Roberts Ruby 4 05-07-2008 05:48 AM
zone delegation =?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?= MCSE 9 03-15-2006 09:32 PM
prevent a postback when moving web parts from zone to zone. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgVmFyYWxsbw==?= ASP .Net 0 02-08-2006 12:20 AM