Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Is PETE (Portable Expression Template Engine) still alive?

Is PETE (Portable Expression Template Engine) still alive?

Michael Lehn

I am interested in using expression templates techniques for my container
classes. On the web I found PETE:

http://acts.nersc.gov/pete/main.html

However the download links seems to be broken and emails to the developer
mailing list returned from a mailer-daemon. Mails to the webmaster where
unanswered.

Does anybody know whether it's still actively developed? Or are there other
libraries, which allow to "add expression templates"? Or are there new
techniques, which make the whole idea of PETE obsolete?

Thanks in advance

tom_usenet

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:47:00 +0200, Michael Lehn
<(E-Mail Removed)-ulm.de> wrote:

>I am interested in using expression templates techniques for my container
>classes. On the web I found PETE:
>
> http://acts.nersc.gov/pete/main.html
>
>However the download links seems to be broken and emails to the developer
>mailing list returned from a mailer-daemon. Mails to the webmaster where
>unanswered.
>
>Does anybody know whether it's still actively developed? Or are there other
>libraries, which allow to "add expression templates"? Or are there new
>techniques, which make the whole idea of PETE obsolete?

Try http://daixtrose.sourceforge.net/. I've not used it, so I can't
vouch for how good it is, but I'm pretty sure you need a quite
standards conforming compiler, such as gcc 3.4+ or VC7.1+.

Tom