Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Simple sample code required

Simple sample code required

Curious

Hi List,

Obviously my google-fu is very weak and I can't find a simple sample
code for C++ that allows me to simply download the source of a
specified web page.

I'm looking at downloading the source from one web page, parsing that
source and repassing it to a second webpage.

The parsing side of things I hope I can handle myself, however for the
get/put bits I'm a little lost.

So can anyone recommend a good URL for the sample code, or if its not
too much of a problem, provide a copy here?

Many thanks in advance
Dean

Victor Bazarov

Curious wrote:
> Obviously my google-fu is very weak and I can't find a simple sample
> code for C++ that allows me to simply download the source of a
> specified web page.

There can be no such thing. C++ does not have any networking built in,
so you'd have to use OS-specific means anyway. Yes, the program would
be written in C++, but the functionality cannot be expressed using
only Standard C++ terms. That makes web access off-topic here.

> [...]
> So can anyone recommend a good URL for the sample code, or if its not
> too much of a problem, provide a copy here?

Ask in one of comp.infosystems.www.* newsgroups on in a newsgroup for
your OS/platform.