Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ random number generator

C++ random number generator

Pat

I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
Thanks.

Kai-Uwe Bux

Pat wrote:

> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

Try

http://www.boost.org/libs/random/index.html

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

AngleWyrm

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com...
> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

The boost random number library implements some of the best
http://www.boost.org/libs/random/

-:-
AngleWyrm
the C++ hat random container
http://home.comcast.net/~anglewyrm/hat.html

Cy Edmunds

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com...
> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

Follow my sig to the UVS library.

--
Cy
http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/

Pat

Thank you.

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> bl news:(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com g...
> I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
> Thanks.

Yakov

Hi,

> > I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
> > distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.

I assume you something close to "real" random.
In this case, u should look for the crypto services at your OS's sdk.
And the best is, if u r using an Intel chipset, use its hardware rng -
http://www.google.com/search?q=intel+rng

Yakov