Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > I need a decimal arithmetics library

I need a decimal arithmetics library

Rein Anders Apeland

Hi all,

We are developing a PoS application for Linux and are in need of a LGPL'ed
og other 'free'-licensed library
that can do exact decimal arithmetics for us.

It should be similar or according to the specs at
http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/decimal/

Somebody pointed my to the GNU Multiple Precision library, but that still
uses binary floating points.
I really need a library that can handle e.g. 0.1 exactly... at any
precision...

Anyone know of such a library?

--
Rein Anders Apeland
MIVU Solutions DA

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Rein Anders Apeland wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are developing a PoS application for Linux and are in need of a LGPL'ed
> og other 'free'-licensed library
> that can do exact decimal arithmetics for us.
>
> It should be similar or according to the specs at
> http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/decimal/
>
> Somebody pointed my to the GNU Multiple Precision library, but that still
> uses binary floating points.
> I really need a library that can handle e.g. 0.1 exactly... at any
> precision...
>
> Anyone know of such a library?

Google is your friend

http://www.google.com
Search phrase: C++ exact arithmetic library

The second link it comes up with:
http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/iRRAM/

seems like something that does what you want

--
Karl Heinz Buchegger