Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Beginers Question about Getline

Beginers Question about Getline

Skywise

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jon Bell) wrote in message news:<cggcr7$130$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Skywise <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >#include <time.h>
> >#include <fstream.h>
> >#include <string>

> <fstream.h> is not the standard header for file streams. You should use
> <fstream> instead. In general, you should never mix the "old" (really,
> ancient!) .h headers with the "new" (now six years old) standard non-.h
> headers. They can be incompatible in sneaky ways. I'm not guaranteeing
> that this is the cause of your problem, but you should fix it anyway.
> Change <time.h> to <ctime> while you're at it.

That did it. I changed all my includes to the younger include files,
and got it to work with no errors. I want to express my personal
thanks to everyone who took the time to read my code and help me work
through the code and headers. I was begining to get frustrated.
Thank you again. You made my day.

Skywise.

jmh

Skywise wrote:

> At the begining of my program, I have:
>
> #include <time.h>
> #include <fstream.h>
> #include <string>

I don't think fstream.h or fstream provide everthing that
iostream provides. Try including iostream as well and see if
that doesn't solve your problem.

jmh

Best exercises for beginers to learn? brf256@gmail.com Python 1 11-09-2010 08:27 AM
Html for Beginers Additya HTML 9 12-10-2009 05:28 PM
strings for beginers Sapote Python 2 03-07-2009 09:29 PM
Studio Flash for Beginers Bruce Digital Photography 3 11-23-2008 11:47 PM
which text book is just for the c++ beginers? xiaobaiyang@gmail.com C++ 6 03-09-2007 05:34 PM

Advertisments