Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > new to c++

new to c++

maurizio

I am a java programmer and i want to start to write c++ program: I have
found the compiler and the examples but i have't found nothing about the
GUI, like frames, textfields, etc.
Can someone help me?
Bye
Maurizio

Sharad Kala

"maurizio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message .
> I am a java programmer and i want to start to write c++ program: I have

That's good.

> found the compiler and the examples but i have't found nothing about the
> GUI, like frames, textfields, etc.

Things like frames, textfields are NOT defined by *Standard* C++. You need
to check your compiler documentation to do such things. You may want to read
a good C++ textbook like Accelarated C++ (Koening & Moo) or You Can Do It!
(Francis Glassborrow).

-Sharad

maurizio

"Sharad Kala" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "maurizio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message .
> > I am a java programmer and i want to start to write c++ program: I have

> That's good.
>
> > found the compiler and the examples but i have't found nothing about the
> > GUI, like frames, textfields, etc.

> Things like frames, textfields are NOT defined by *Standard* C++. You need
> to check your compiler documentation to do such things. You may want to

read
> a good C++ textbook like Accelarated C++ (Koening & Moo) or You Can Do It!
> (Francis Glassborrow).
>
> -Sharad

If i understand, but i'm not really sure, the GUIs and other user interfaces
are in personal or enterprise library not standard, that i have to pay and
to import in my program.
Regard
Maurizio

Sharad Kala

> If i understand, but i'm not really sure, the GUIs and other user

interfaces
> are in personal or enterprise library not standard, that i have to pay and
> to import in my program.

Standard C++ is defined by ISO/IEC 14882:2003. It has no notion of GUI
programming. To do these kind of things you need to resort to 3rd party
libraries or support/extensions provided by your compiler. E.g. on VC++ you
can use MFC or WTL to do these kind of things but these are non-standard
i.e. non-portable.

-Sharad

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Juli=E1n?= Albo

maurizio wrote:

> If i understand, but i'm not really sure, the GUIs and other user
> interfaces are in personal or enterprise library not standard, that i have
> to pay and to import in my program.

Not always. In windows, for example, you can use the Windows API with any
reasonable C++ compiler without paying anything. In other platforms they
can have his own standard libraries for graphics. And if none of this
exists or is not adequate, there are free libraries available, and some of
them are multi-platform in some degree.

--
Salu2

maurizio

"Julián Albo" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> maurizio wrote:
>
> > If i understand, but i'm not really sure, the GUIs and other user
> > interfaces are in personal or enterprise library not standard, that i

have
> > to pay and to import in my program.

> Not always. In windows, for example, you can use the Windows API with any
> reasonable C++ compiler without paying anything. In other platforms they
> can have his own standard libraries for graphics. And if none of this
> exists or is not adequate, there are free libraries available, and some of
> them are multi-platform in some degree.
>
> --
> Salu2

I use a free Bordland line command compiler.
How I can use these Windows API

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Juli=E1n?= Albo

maurizio wrote:

> I use a free Bordland line command compiler.
> How I can use these Windows API

Hard to say in a few lines, and is off topic in this newsgroup. Take some
book and/or tutorial about windows programming, and visit the appropiate
newsgroup in the borland. hierarchy for the peculiarities of your compiler.

--
Salu2

Mabden

"maurizio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9FHVc.166974$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Julián Albo" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > maurizio wrote:
> >
> > > If i understand, but i'm not really sure, the GUIs and other user
> > > interfaces are in personal or enterprise library not standard,
> > > that i have to pay and to import in my program.

[snip]

> I use a free Bordland line command compiler.
> How I can use these Windows API

You could try C#. It has the GUI objects you are talking about, and there
are free tools out there. Just be aware that it is Microsoft specific, altho
there are ports to other platforms, and MS may change it freely. Also, the
computer running the program you write will need the (free) Runtime engine,
just like Java.

--
Mabden

joe

Why not look at C# instead. C++ is dying.

"maurizio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:K3GVc.130096$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am a java programmer and i want to start to write c++ program: I have
> found the compiler and the examples but i have't found nothing about the
> GUI, like frames, textfields, etc.
> Can someone help me?
> Bye
> Maurizio

red floyd

joe wrote:
> Why not look at C# instead. C++ is dying.

I know it's feeding the troll, but...

Maybe he wants to write code that will work on systems other then Windows?