Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Doors implementation on linux

Doors implementation on linux

harshaL

Guys, Actually i want to implement
Doors on Linux using C++ coding,
on threads, thing is following Interfaces
door_bind,
door_call,
door_create,
door_cred,
door_info,
door_return,
door_revoke,
door_server_create,
door_unbind
are not supported on the Linux side,
can I use similar functions that serve
the same purpouse?
if so can I get the list of functions
that are equivalent to these functions

harsha

Victor Bazarov

harshaL wrote:
> Guys, Actually i want to implement
> Doors on Linux using C++ coding,
> on threads, thing is following Interfaces
> door_bind,
> door_call,
> door_create,
> door_cred,
> door_info,
> door_return,
> door_revoke,
> door_server_create,
> door_unbind
> are not supported on the Linux side,
> can I use similar functions that serve
> the same purpouse?
> if so can I get the list of functions
> that are equivalent to these functions

Not in this newsgroup you can't. 'Doors' is not defined by C++ Standard,
so you would have to first explain what those things do, and only then we
could try to find some kind of equivalent of them in the Standard Library.
But it is most likely that there is no equivalent in C++. Judging from
the function names it's some kind of networking or communication package.
There is no networking support in the Standard library, you need to use
platform-specific means. Hence, ask in a newsgroup dedicated to your OS.