Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Strange error while compiling a C++ file

Reply
Thread Tools

Strange error while compiling a C++ file

 
 
Arnab Nandi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
We are using the Sun Workshop 6 C++ compiler to compile some CPP files.

The command line looks like follows: -

CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp

We get the following error: -

CC: language sb not recognized
CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

Any reason why this should occur? Is this related to the SunWS_cache in anyway?

Thanks,
Arnab
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Marc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
Arnab Nandi wrote:

> CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
> CC: language sb not recognized
> CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done


Are you sure CC is Sun's compiler and not a symlink to g++?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rolf Magnus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2004
Arnab Nandi wrote:

> We are using the Sun Workshop 6 C++ compiler to compile some CPP
> files.
>
> The command line looks like follows: -
>
> CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
>
> We get the following error: -
>
> CC: language sb not recognized
> CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done
>
> Any reason why this should occur? Is this related to the SunWS_cache
> in anyway?


I have no idea about the Sun compiler, and it's actually off-topic here,
but is it possible that -x is (just like in g++) the command line
argument for explicitly specifying the programming language of the
input file? And your compiler doesn't seem to know a programming
language called "sb".

 
Reply With Quote
 
Arnab Nandi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-20-2004
Marc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cg20aa$120q$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Arnab Nandi wrote:
>
> > CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
> > CC: language sb not recognized
> > CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

>
> Are you sure CC is Sun's compiler and not a symlink to g++?


Yes, its Sun's CC. I truncated the line when I posted. Here's the
original command line:-

cd /export/home/krkicmp/SpreadAPO;
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/dmake -f Makefile.krkicmp.SpreadAPO -m
serial project

/opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o output/APOBS.o
APOBS.cpp
CC: language sb not recognized
CC: APOBS.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o
output/AbstractFunction.o AbstractFunction.cpp
CC: language sb not recognized
CC: AbstractFunction.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not
done
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o
output/MargrabeBS.o MargrabeBS.cpp
CC: language sb not recognized
CC: MargrabeBS.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o
output/RootSearch.o RootSearch.cpp
CC: language sb not recognized
 
Reply With Quote
 
Marc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2004
Arnab Nandi wrote:

>>> CC -g -xsb -c -o output/x.o x.cpp
>>> CC: language sb not recognized
>>> CC: x.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done

>> Are you sure CC is Sun's compiler and not a symlink to g++?

> Yes, its Sun's CC. I truncated the line when I posted. Here's the
> original command line:-
>
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -g -xsb -c -o output/APOBS.o
> APOBS.cpp
> CC: language sb not recognized
> CC: APOBS.cpp: linker input file unused because linking not done


These really are gcc messages... I can't see how you can get them
here...

Could you try /opt/SUNWspro/bin/../WS6U2/bin/CC -V or the same thing
with --version instead of -V? Then you should try comp.sys.solaris.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Marc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2004
Marc wrote:

> Then you should try comp.sys.solaris.


comp.unix.solaris, sorry.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Cross-compiling error when compiling 2.6.1... Garrett Cooper Python 0 02-24-2009 09:47 PM
Cross-compiling error when compiling 2.6.1... Garrett Cooper Python 0 02-24-2009 08:55 PM
Error while compiling a project file mahesh C++ 1 05-16-2007 08:20 PM
Error while compiling a project file mahesh C++ 1 05-16-2007 05:57 PM
I got strange resule while compiling this code... =?gb2312?B?tdjH8reitq+7+g==?= C++ 6 04-08-2007 12:42 PM



Advertisments