Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > ISAPI, CAPICOM , and Carriage Control Line Feed

ISAPI, CAPICOM , and Carriage Control Line Feed

Neil S.

I am writing an ISAPI filter which is using CAPICOM to encrypt and
decrypt cookie information. I've found that the encryption string
being returned by CAPICOM a has carriage control and line feed. (Hex
0d0a). My filter adds the header in the correct format, including the
entire encrypted cookie value (set-cookie:
mycookie=theEncryptedValue;path=/. However, when the isapi filter
finishes running, the browser only gets part of the cookie, up to
where the line feed character occured.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Is there a
compiler setting I'm missing? Shouldn't that have been url encoded?
I'm a bit of a newbie to this language, so I apologize if this has an
obvious answer.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Herring

In message <(E-Mail Removed) >, Neil S.
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I am writing an ISAPI filter which is using CAPICOM to encrypt and
>decrypt cookie information. I've found that the encryption string
>being returned by CAPICOM a has carriage control and line feed. (Hex
>0d0a). My filter adds the header in the correct format, including the
>entire encrypted cookie value (set-cookie:
>mycookie=theEncryptedValue;path=/. However, when the isapi filter
>finishes running, the browser only gets part of the cookie, up to
>where the line feed character occured.

I'm sorry to hear it. But what was your question about C++ ?

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

--
Richard Herring