Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Open a specific page in a help file

Reply
Thread Tools

Open a specific page in a help file

 
 
MM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004
Hello,

Can anyone help me with this:

I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that a
specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file) is
opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
hand.

In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

MM


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Christopher Benson-Manica
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004
MM <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that a
> specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file) is
> opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
> hand.


> In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?


Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

--
Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004

"Christopher Benson-Manica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfviec$eot$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MM <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
>
> > I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that

a
> > specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file)

is
> > opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
> > hand.

>
> > In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

>
> Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
>
> http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
>
> for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.


Christopher,

Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
a C++ program?

Regards,

MM


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pete Chapman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004
>
> Christopher,
>
> Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
> a C++ program?
>


The Microsoft Windows "help-functionality" isn't a standard, or related
in any way to the C++ language. I'd recommend searching for "WinHelp" on
MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/). http://www.codeguru.com/ is usually
helpful for samples, too. But this newsgroup won't be.
Good luck.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Karl Heinz Buchegger
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004
MM wrote:
>
> "Christopher Benson-Manica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cfviec$eot$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MM <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
> >
> > > I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that

> a
> > > specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file)

> is
> > > opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
> > > hand.

> >
> > > In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

> >
> > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
> >
> > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
> > http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
> >
> > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

>
> Christopher,
>
> Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
> a C++ program?


Because it is not a C++ problem as such. You would have the exactly same
problem if you'd be programming in Pascal or any other language. Your problem
is about interacting with a particular library specific to the Windows
operating system.

--
Karl Heinz Buchegger
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
MM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2004

"Karl Heinz Buchegger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MM wrote:
> >
> > "Christopher Benson-Manica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> > news:cfviec$eot$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > MM <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
> > >
> > > > I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way

that
> > a
> > > > specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp

file)
> > is
> > > > opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search

word by
> > > > hand.
> > >
> > > > In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?
> > >
> > > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
> > >
> > > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
> > > http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
> > >
> > > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

> >
> > Christopher,
> >
> > Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this

"help-functionality" in
> > a C++ program?

>
> Because it is not a C++ problem as such. You would have the exactly same
> problem if you'd be programming in Pascal or any other language. Your

problem
> is about interacting with a particular library specific to the Windows
> operating system.
>


Ok, I understand. I will have a look at the sites recommended.

MM


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: how to open a file in some application using Tkinter i am usingTKINTER to create GUI application i want to know how to open a worddocument in open office or any other applicatio Fredrik Lundh Python 1 01-09-2008 10:40 AM
Is ViwState Page-Specific or UserControl-Specific =?Utf-8?B?SmF2?= ASP .Net 2 08-16-2006 09:30 PM
Where to put page specific script in a page that inherits from a master page? Eric ASP .Net 0 04-24-2006 11:54 PM
open a page from another page, with a specific size. Mr. x Javascript 3 11-13-2003 12:09 AM
How do you make sure a frameset is loaded? I'm trying to open a frameset in a new window which shows a specific html page in a specific frame ck388 Javascript 1 09-24-2003 08:32 PM



Advertisments