Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Help writing a web browser plugin using c++.

Help writing a web browser plugin using c++.

Eric

I am going to write a cross platform (mac/windows) web browser plugin
for IE then maybe Safari. The plugin will use opengl to display some
images and manipulate them ie zoom, translate. Where is a good place
to find out how to do this? I am totally new at writing plugins, so
it would be wonderfull to find some tutorials and sample code. Every
think I seem to find talks about java and activeX. But I need to use
C++ for its speed and opengl support.

Victor Bazarov

Eric wrote:
> I am going to write a cross platform (mac/windows) web browser plugin
> for IE then maybe Safari. The plugin will use opengl to display some
> images and manipulate them ie zoom, translate. Where is a good place
> to find out how to do this? [...]

Every browser that supports plug-ins has gotta have a newsgroup
dedicated specifically to it. Try looking harder at the list of
available newsgroups. Narrow your search for the IE newsgroup in
the 'microsoft.public.*' family.