Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > reverse engineering

reverse engineering

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Stephan_W=F6rmke?=

Hi!

I am looking for some tools to help me understand source code of a
program written in c++ by someone else. I heard about reverse
engineering or uml but does anybody know a goog software? It would be
great to create some flowcharts.

Thanks, Stephan

Conrad Weyns

"Stephan W÷rmke" <(E-Mail Removed)-kiel.de> wrote in message
news:cfi9db$fbe$(E-Mail Removed)-muenchen.de...
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for some tools to help me understand source code of a
> program written in c++ by someone else. I heard about reverse
> engineering or uml but does anybody know a goog software? It would be
> great to create some flowcharts.

I can strongly recommend: Understand for c/c++ from scitools
http://www.scitools.com/

Regards,
Conrad Weyns

> Thanks, Stephan

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Stephan_W=F6rmke?=

Thanks! I got the trial version and it works just fine!

Best regards, Stephan

Conrad Weyns wrote:
> "Stephan W÷rmke" <(E-Mail Removed)-kiel.de> wrote in message
> news:cfi9db$fbe$(E-Mail Removed)-muenchen.de...
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I am looking for some tools to help me understand source code of a
>>program written in c++ by someone else. I heard about reverse
>>engineering or uml but does anybody know a goog software? It would be
>>great to create some flowcharts.

> I can strongly recommend: Understand for c/c++ from scitools
> http://www.scitools.com/
>
> Regards,
> Conrad Weyns
>
>>Thanks, Stephan

Peter van Merkerk

Stephan W÷rmke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for some tools to help me understand source code of a
> program written in c++ by someone else. I heard about reverse
> engineering or uml but does anybody know a goog software? It would be
> great to create some flowcharts.

Doxygen ( http://www.doxygen.org ) can be helpful to gain insight about
the structure of the code.

--