Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Listing all the files in a directory...

Listing all the files in a directory...

Piyush

Hi,
I want to list all the files in a directory using c++ code...as far
as i know there is no standard c++ method of doing this..how should i
go about doing this in linux/windows?
Thanks,
Piyush

Sharad Kala

"Piyush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> I want to list all the files in a directory using c++ code...as far
> as i know there is no standard c++ method of doing this..how should i
> go about doing this in linux/windows?

Good you know that there is no standard C++ way of doing it. It would be
better if you ask this question on your platform specific newsgroup.
<OT>
Windows - FindFirstFile, FindNextFile etc
POSIX system - opendir, readdir, closedir etc
</OT>

-Sharad

John Harrison

On 2 Aug 2004 00:17:09 -0700, Piyush <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to list all the files in a directory using c++ code...as far
> as i know there is no standard c++ method of doing this..how should i
> go about doing this in linux/windows?
> Thanks,
> Piyush

As you say no standard method but the following library is fairly portable.

http://www.boost.org/libs/filesystem/doc/index.htm

john