Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Graphics card problems....

Graphics card problems....

=?Utf-8?B?VGFyZ28gR3J5cGhvbg==?=

Just recently, I've been having some problems with y graphics card and a game
that I play. The game I play is called, 'the I of the Dragon'. when I play
this game on an old 4 MB graphics card, it works fine... but now that I have
a new PC with a 128-MB NVidia Gforce FX5200, the game doesn't run like it
should. I can start the game (Get through the opener screens and into the
menu screen) and run the game for a while.. But when I try to open the
'Global map' screen or attempt return the the menu screen, the PC reboots
itself. When the windows screen comes up, it doesn't tell me what happened or
why it suddenly rebooted...
I have checked and tried diffent settings with the same results.... like
something about the game just doesn't like a certan driver or something. I
have DrectX 9.0c installed on the PC.
I also have some other issues with another game called, 'Microsoft Train
Sim" where the graphics will be ok on a fresh system start up.... but the
graphics go screwy when I run the game a 2nd time (Or more often) on the same
boot-up.
I'm pointing my fingers at a game called, 'Divine Divinity'.... I think
there's something about the graphics codes that came with that game is whats
screwing things up.
Suggestins?

=?Utf-8?B?VGFyZ28gR3J5cGhvbg==?=

Just updated the drivers on my graphics card and things have gone from bad to
worse.... now it won't even play the game (the I of the Dragon) beond the
menu selection screen... but rather then re-boot the PC, it dumps back to
windows where I can send an Error reporting... but the error report doesn't
come back with the possible fixes.
Suggestions?