Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ getting data from serial/parallel port, how to?

C++ getting data from serial/parallel port, how to?

Sonoman

Hi all:
I tried searching on the net, but I do not even know what I am looking
for. What I want to do is to write aprogram using C++ that will gather
data from an external microprocessor, format it and write it to a file
for later use. I can handle pretty much everything exept the part where
I "listen" to either the serial or parallel (may be USB?) ports for data
from the external source. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sonoman

John Harrison

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:14:11 -0400, Sonoman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Hi all:
> I tried searching on the net, but I do not even know what I am looking
> for. What I want to do is to write aprogram using C++ that will gather
> data from an external microprocessor, format it and write it to a file
> for later use. I can handle pretty much everything exept the part where
> I "listen" to either the serial or parallel (may be USB?) ports for data
> from the external source. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sonoman

You question is off topic for this group, please read this groups welcome
message for a description of what this group is about and some suggestions
for alternative groups where your question might be on topic.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

john

JKop

Sonoman posted:

> Hi all:
> I tried searching on the net, but I do not even know what

I am looking
> for. What I want to do is to write aprogram using C++

that will gather
> data from an external microprocessor, format it and write

it to a file
> for later use. I can handle pretty much everything exept

the part where
> I "listen" to either the serial or parallel (may be USB?)

ports for data
> from the external source. Any help will be greatly

appreciated.

> Sonoman

OFF-TOPIC

If your platform is MSWindows, then: