Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > program that push some button automaticaly?

program that push some button automaticaly?

PHP2

how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9 mins)
for Linux with C++?

any fast advices?

PHP2

I can send signals through LPT... ok I have not robot, but maybe have some
command... maybe refresh or any signal, but that be automatical..

I ask... if can not ok...

"Mark Marsella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PHP2 wrote:
>
> > how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9

mins)
> > for Linux with C++?
> >
> > any fast advices?

> One question.
> Are you connecting the robotic finger through the serial port?
> --
> Regards
> Mark Marsella

Billy N. Patton

PHP2 wrote:
> how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9 mins)
> for Linux with C++?
>
> any fast advices?

Have your tried crontab?

--
___ _ ____ ___ __ __
/ _ )(_) / /_ __ / _ \___ _/ /_/ /____ ___

Mark Marsella

PHP2 wrote:

> how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9 mins)
> for Linux with C++?
>
> any fast advices?

One question.
Are you connecting the robotic finger through the serial port?
--
Regards
Mark Marsella

Howard

"PHP2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ce6ejr$hah$(E-Mail Removed)...
> how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9 mins)
> for Linux with C++?
>
> any fast advices?

You should ask on a linux newsgroup, where they know more about that OS.
This is a "language" newsgroup, and doesn't (or at least TRIES not to) delve
into OS-specific tasks.

-Howard

PHP2

I am ask how C++ language can 'emulate' or create some automatical
actions.. I don't wish OS solutions..

"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bOANc.337389$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PHP2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ce6ejr$hah$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9

mins)
> > for Linux with C++?
> >
> > any fast advices?
> >

> You should ask on a linux newsgroup, where they know more about that OS.
> This is a "language" newsgroup, and doesn't (or at least TRIES not to)

delve
> into OS-specific tasks.
>
> -Howard

Owen Jacobson

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:01:35 +0200, PHP2 wrote:

> I am ask how C++ language can 'emulate' or create some automatical
> actions.. I don't wish OS solutions..

You're kind of SOL, then, because the C++ language doesn't define anything
to do with 'buttons' or 'pressing'.

--
Some say the Wired doesn't have political borders like the real world,
but there are far too many nonsense-spouting anarchists or idiots who

Thomas Matthews

PHP2 wrote:
> how create small program that push some button automaticaly (every 9 mins)
> for Linux with C++?
>
> any fast advices?

I suggest you try asking in news:comp.arch.embedded.
Perhaps someone is using the Linux OS in an embedded
application.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Howard

(I've rearragned this in the correct order. Please post responses below the
text you're responding to.)

"PHP2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ce6ms5$ris$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am ask how C++ language can 'emulate' or create some automatical
> actions.. I don't wish OS solutions..

You're asking how to accomplish a task that can *only* be done using
operating-system-specific methods. The C++ language does not have any
concept of a "button". That's something that exists in your operating
system, and may be supported by some kind of SDK or third-party developement
tool using your compiler. You *really* need to ask someone in a linux
newsgroup!

-Howard