Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Network programming conventions?

Network programming conventions?

Mikael Auno

Hi.

I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

Thanks in advance
Mikael Auno

Phlip

Mikael Auno wrote:

> I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
> where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
> networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
> find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
> it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

You are asking about "Berkeley sockets". E-search for that to get started.
But be warned everything you find will be on-topic somewhere else besides
this newsgroup.

--
Phlip

Mikael Auno

Phlip wrote:

> Mikael Auno wrote:
>

>>I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
>>where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
>>networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
>>find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
>>it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

> You are asking about "Berkeley sockets". E-search for that to get started.
> But be warned everything you find will be on-topic somewhere else besides
> this newsgroup.

Thanks, that was most helpful.

db

Mikael Auno wrote:

> I'd like to learn som network programming in C++, but I don't quite know
> where to start. I already know socket programming in Java so on the
> networking part there's no problem. I'd just like to know where I can
> find some info about the usual conventions of network programming when
> it comes to C++, preferably nothing specific either to Windows nor Linux.

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html
http://www.melikyan.com/ptypes/ or
http://www.wxwidgets.org/

br