Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Executing the executable

Executing the executable

Vikram

Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate
normal file and not a visual C++ file.

Sharad Kala

"Vikram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
> need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
> output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate
> normal file and not a visual C++ file.

It's offtopic on this newsgroup.
Read the welcome message - http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

<OT>Perhaps ShellExecute(Ex) is what you are looking for.</OT>

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Vikram wrote:

> Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
> need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
> output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output.

OK.
Open up a DOS prompt, go to the directory where the exe resides and
start it.

To bad most people in these days no longer know how to operate
a command line.

--
Karl Heinz Buchegger

Jack D

On 2004-07-23 11:40:52 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Vikram wrote:
>> Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
>> need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
>> output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output.

> OK.
> Open up a DOS prompt, go to the directory where the exe resides and
> start it.
>
> To bad most people in these days no longer know how to operate
> a command line.

<OT>If he wants to debug the code you can add command line arguments in
the project settings</OT>

As a hunch: microsoft.public.vstudio.general seems alive and might be
able to help you better...

JKop

Karl Heinz Buchegger posted:

> To bad most people in these days no longer know how to

operate
> a command line.

DOS Secrets by Dan Gooding

That was a great companion of mine from age 7 upwards.
ansi.sys deserves a medal.

-JKop

Thomas Matthews

Vikram wrote:
> Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I
> need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my
> output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate
> normal file and not a visual C++ file.

What is a "separate normal file" and how does it differ from:
o A text file
o A database file
o A Microsoft Word file?
o A JPEG file?
o A MPeg file?
o A visual C++ project file?
I think most of these are normal files.

Look up the system() function.

Also, look at your operating system help file. The
operating system may have functions to execute other
files.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Phlip

Thomas Matthews wrote:

> Also, look at your operating system help file. The
> operating system may have functions to execute other
> files.

system("start filename.ext");

--
Phlip