Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > How to browse Std C++ classes in linux

How to browse Std C++ classes in linux

Skip Coombe

How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
the STL classes, but how about iostream?

I am using gcc version 3.2.2.

Skip

John Harrison

On 21 Jul 2004 16:47:47 -0700, Skip Coombe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
> I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
> the STL classes, but how about iostream?
>
> I am using gcc version 3.2.2.
>
> Skip

http://www.dinkumware.com/refxcpp.html is a very good reference.

john

Tommy McDaniel

Chris Dams

Dear Skip,

(E-Mail Removed) (Skip Coombe) writes:

>How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
>I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
>the STL classes, but how about iostream?

>I am using gcc version 3.2.2.

For my gcc on linux "info -f iostream" works fine. Also useful is
"info -f libg++".

Best,
Chris

Old Wolf

(E-Mail Removed) (Skip Coombe) wrote:

> How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
> I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
> the STL classes, but how about iostream?

I find the following semi-tutorial, semi-reference guide to be excellent:

ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/bcppbuilde...bcb5/b5scl.zip

(It's a compiled HTML-help file (.CHM)). I haven't encountered any
borland-specific stuff in it. Wherever it has gaps, you can fill
them in from the Dinkumware reference.