Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Hardcore C++ developers interested in NYC financial firms....

Hardcore C++ developers interested in NYC financial firms....

Patrick Burke

If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
NYC financial firm, please email your resume to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).
Please give me a call or send an email, I will give you details.

Patrick Burke
Recruiter
Navistaff, Inc.
908.273.6960 ext. 102
(E-Mail Removed)

Thomas Matthews

Patrick Burke wrote:
> If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
> NYC financial firm, please email your resume to (E-Mail Removed).
> Please give me a call or send an email, I will give you details.
>
> Patrick Burke
> Recruiter
> Navistaff, Inc.
> 908.273.6960 ext. 102
> (E-Mail Removed)

Hmmm, what if I am a top C++ developer, but have no experience
or knowledge in the financial field?

How do I know that I am a top C++ developer?

Hmmm, if I was really seeking a position using C++ for writing
financial applications, I would go to one of the job sites
on the web, like:
http://www.monster.com
http://www.dice.com
http://www.hotjobs.com

I would not even consider searching a language newsgroup for
job postings. If I was searching newsgroups for jobs, I would
search ones with "jobs" in their name.

Employers and recruiters who post to a multi-national computer
language newsgroup show a low lack of intelligence as job
announcements have nothing to do with programming language,
but applications thereof.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

David Harmon

On 21 Jul 2004 11:14:19 -0700 in comp.lang.c++,
(E-Mail Removed) (Patrick Burke) wrote,
>If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
>NYC financial firm, please email your resume to (E-Mail Removed).

Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
courtesy.

See the article titled "Welcome to comp.lang.c++! Read this first."
posted semiweekly in this newsgroup or at:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

See the topic "[5.8] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?"
in Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ. You can get the FAQ at:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

(Posted and emailed.)

Default User

David Harmon wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2004 11:14:19 -0700 in comp.lang.c++,
> (E-Mail Removed) (Patrick Burke) wrote,
> >If you are a top C++ developer and interested in getting into a top
> >NYC financial firm, please email your resume to (E-Mail Removed).

> Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
> that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
> both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with! There are
> dozens of *.jobs.* newsgroups where they belong. By posting in this
> manner you declare to the entire world that you just do not care enough
> or respect the users of comp.lang.c++ enough to follow ordinary
> courtesy.
>
> See the article titled "Welcome to comp.lang.c++! Read this first."
> posted semiweekly in this newsgroup or at:
> http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
>
> See the topic "[5.8] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?"
> in Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ. You can get the FAQ at:
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
>
> (Posted and emailed.)

I wonder if you'll get a better response. He called me a techno nerd.
I'm feeling crushed.

Brian Rodenborn

Default User wrote:

> I wonder if you'll get a better response. He called me a techno nerd.
> I'm feeling crushed.

I should note that after I replied explaining why we don't want job
postings in the group, he sent back a nice email saying that he
understood and would not do that in the future.

Brian Rodenborn

jeffc

"David Harmon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Job ads, off-topic in comp.lang.c++, give the impression of an employer
> that is either technically clueless, or abusive and irresponsible, or
> both. In any case, a company you do not want to work with!

But it's HARD CORE BABEEEEE!