Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Cheating?

Cheating?

JM

Hi,

Took my 70-228 exam today, and passed with a fairly high score.

Another candidate got an almost perfect score, and mentioned afterwards that
he had seen every question asked, having downloaded them from a website.

The question is, would this be categorised as cheating and if so what would
be the next 'thing to do'?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

JM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Took my 70-228 exam today, and passed with a fairly high score.
>
> Another candidate got an almost perfect score, and mentioned
> afterwards that he had seen every question asked, having downloaded
> them from a website.
>
> The question is, would this be categorised as cheating and if so what
> would be the next 'thing to do'?

Assuming you're not a troll, yes, this is cheating.

It might be difficult to prove, since you only heard him state so, but it
still might be worthwhile to report this person to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Since you most likely know the person's name, you could at least relay the
information you do know to Microsoft, specifically the date and location of
the test center.

Turning in cheaters is the right thing to do. People like that cheapen the
value of certifications for the rest of us who take the exams the right way.

--
Fris "Do the needful" beeŽ, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.com

Certaholics

JM

FrisbeeŽ wrote:
> JM wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Took my 70-228 exam today, and passed with a fairly high score.
>>
>> Another candidate got an almost perfect score, and mentioned
>> afterwards that he had seen every question asked, having downloaded
>> them from a website.
>>
>> The question is, would this be categorised as cheating and if so what
>> would be the next 'thing to do'?

> Assuming you're not a troll, yes, this is cheating.

Not a troll, I can assure you. Was just wondering if it would be
categorised as cheating as this isn't covered anywhere on MS's website apart
from how to report websites that have questions for download.

Actually using downloaded questions/answers and then taking the exam in all
other ways 'by the rules' is a little bit more of a gray area.

> It might be difficult to prove, since you only heard him state so,
> but it still might be worthwhile to report this person to
> (E-Mail Removed) Since you most likely know the person's name,
> you could at least relay the information you do know to Microsoft,
> specifically the date and location of the test center.

Will do, thanks. I've got the person's name and my own test report includes
details such as the test center number.

> Turning in cheaters is the right thing to do. People like that
> cheapen the value of certifications for the rest of us who take the
> exams the right way.

Thought that this would be the case, but wanted to make sure in case I'd be
wasting Microsoft's time.

John.