Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Image library design

Image library design

Mathieu Malaterre

Hello,

I hope this question relates to this newsgroup.

I am currently working on an IO library (to read DICOM images
specifically). And I have a question about the design. Does a
ProgressEvent mechanism belongs to an IO library or not ? If not what do
you use in your code to allow this sort of behavior (especially when

Thanks
Mathieu

Karthik

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope this question relates to this newsgroup.

This would be more appropriate to a newsgroup related to design (
object-oriented ). Here we primarily discuss the nitty-gritties of the
language and its features

HTH

--
Karthik
For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,

Mathieu Malaterre

Karthik wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I hope this question relates to this newsgroup.

> This would be more appropriate to a newsgroup related to design (
> object-oriented ). Here we primarily discuss the nitty-gritties of the
> language and its features
>
> HTH

Karthik,

Since I found:

[Posting to comp.lang.c++]
[There has - under various headings - been several related discussions
about the proper way to learn C++, C++'s relation to C, C++'s relation
to Smalltalk, the difference (or not) between data abstraction and
object-oriented programming, etc.]
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/learn.html

Could you advise where the newsgroup about OOP is now.

Thanks a bunch,
Mathieu

Phlip

Karthik wrote:

> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I hope this question relates to this newsgroup.

> This would be more appropriate to a newsgroup related to design (
> object-oriented ). Here we primarily discuss the nitty-gritties of the
> language and its features

And I answered it on news:comp.object, using platform-specific code samples
that apply to any programmer using any GUI in any language.

--
Phlip

Mathieu Malaterre

Phlip wrote:
> Karthik wrote:
>

>>Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>> I hope this question relates to this newsgroup.

>> This would be more appropriate to a newsgroup related to design (
>>object-oriented ). Here we primarily discuss the nitty-gritties of the
>>language and its features

> And I answered it on news:comp.object, using platform-specific code samples
> that apply to any programmer using any GUI in any language.

Thanks
Haven't finished reading you though