Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > fitting code, statistical library

fitting code, statistical library

To Forum

hi,
i am looking for a library in C++ which enables me to fit a function to a
set of data...ideally in pure STL C++...
Please share your insight on the subject.
my thanks
TF

Peter Jansson

<OT>
Perhaps ROOT? It is not perhaps "pure STL C++" as you put it but anyway...
http://root.cern.ch

Regards,
Peter Jansson
http://jansson.net/
</OT>

To Forum

well, what do you mean by "but anyway..."
is there any thing better than root (which is highly adviced by my physicist
friends)
TF
"Peter Jansson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) hell.org...
> <OT>
> Perhaps ROOT? It is not perhaps "pure STL C++" as you put it but anyway...
> http://root.cern.ch
>
> Regards,
> Peter Jansson
> http://jansson.net/
> </OT>

Peter Jansson

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, To Forum wrote:
> well, what do you mean by "but anyway..."
> is there any thing better than root (which is highly adviced by my physicist
> friends)
> TF

<OT>
I meant: But anyway, if might be worth a try.

The mathematics behind "fitting functions" is logical as far as I know so
to define what is "better" and what is not so good is perhaps an issue of
calculation speed. If you know what function to fit, then perhaps the best
(the fastest with regards to calculation speed) solution is to derive your
own least squares measure of the fit and code it.

Regards,
Peter Jansson
http://jansson.net/
</OT>

Statistical distributions noshit XML 1 02-07-2005 09:16 PM
Security Incident Statistical Analysis cjj3520@aol.com Computer Security 8 12-14-2004 06:26 PM
Statistical Mathematics in Java dave Java 9 07-26-2004 07:58 AM
surface fitting library for Python? Grant Edwards Python 4 04-09-2004 02:10 PM
How to finish this statistical calculation? tony lincoln Java 2 10-16-2003 02:49 PM

Advertisments