Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Learning (advanced) C++ -Websites

Learning (advanced) C++ -Websites

Juha Kettunen

Hi

Do you know any websites I could study to become better c++ coder? If you
know a good one -more like a advanced C++- either C++ or std, and you would
post it here, I think many people would be glad to put it to favourites (at
least me!)! Anything regarding C++ ... or even object oriented programming
(C++ is OOP)...

I've got Bjorne's book, but its always better to get more...

A good idea...?

Martin Magnusson

Juha Kettunen wrote:
> Do you know any websites I could study to become better c++ coder?

The C++ FAQ Lite is a good starting point:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

/ martin

Juha Kettunen

"Martin Magnusson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ajNJc.50003$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Juha Kettunen wrote:
> > Do you know any websites I could study to become better c++ coder?

> The C++ FAQ Lite is a good starting point:
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

thanks.

I looked the site, and it is translated to many languages, but not in
Finnish yet. Would it be a good idea if I would translate it to Finnish ?
(I am a finnish)...hmmm not sure yet, but just pondering ... I think I would
be able to do it.

On the other hand, most (almost all young) of finnish people (especially
programmers) understand english anyway ... so is there really a point to do
that kind of translation...

Stone Lan

do it,and you would do good for your people.
"Juha Kettunen" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息新闻
:qLOJc.57$(E-Mail Removed)...

?
> (I am a finnish)...hmmm not sure yet, but just pondering ... I think I

would
> be able to do it.
>
> On the other hand, most (almost all young) of finnish people (especially
> programmers) understand english anyway ... so is there really a point to

do
> that kind of translation...

Stone Lan

you know it best
"Juha Kettunen" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息新闻
:TcSJc.322$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Stone Lan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cd8lpn$bn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > do it,and you would do good for your people.

> I think, the question is also, that is there a real need ...

Juha Kettunen

"Stone Lan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cd8lpn$bn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> do it,and you would do good for your people.

I think, the question is also, that is there a real need ...

Juha Kettunen

"Stone Lan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cd8ppq$22c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> you know it best

hmmm ... not so sure ...

Stephen Tyndall

"Juha Kettunen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:t6NJc.30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Do you know any websites I could study to become better c++ coder? If you
> know a good one -more like a advanced C++- either C++ or std, and you

would
> post it here, I think many people would be glad to put it to favourites

(at
> least me!)! Anything regarding C++ ... or even object oriented programming
> (C++ is OOP)...
>
> I've got Bjorne's book, but its always better to get more...
>
> A good idea...?

An older post (from 7/6/2004) on this newsgroup called "A giant list of
resources for C++ programmers" (by me!) has a list of websites you might
want to try.