Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > #define macro to enclose an older macro with strings

#define macro to enclose an older macro with strings

John Harrison

"AVR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cd327a$vsn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Harrison wrote:
>
> >> I'm working on a tool which has several thousand lines of code, and
> >>around 20 developers working concurrently.

> > I've just read that again. You need 20 programmers for several thousand

> Sorry for posting twice. I didn't realize.

You didn't post twice, I just read twice.

> > lines of code! Do you all work one day a week or something? Or does
> > management keep you so busy with admin that you don't have any time for
> > programming?

> I wasn't concentrating on specifics earlier. I just checked and:
>
> [avr@localhost src]$ find .|grep .cpp$ | sed -e "s/^\ */cat\ /" | bash \
> | wc -l
> 72372
> [avr@localhost src]$ find .|grep .h$ | sed -e "s/^\ */cat\ /" | bash \
> | wc -l
> 48517
>
> I should have said hundreds of thousands, I guess . And probably
> there aren't 20 employees. Maybe 15. And some are interns like me.

Still seems very high to me. Here's a project I'm involved in

cat `find . -name *.cpp` | wc -l
68287

cat `find . -name *.h ` | wc -l
13900

cat `find . -name *.java` | wc -l
158184

Six programmers, all of us part time (in that we work on other projects as
well). I guess your deadlines are tighter than ours!

john