Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > MCSD bootcamp

MCSD bootcamp

Ute

Hi all,

I have over 15 years experience in software development,
including several years of Visual Studio ASP. I lost my
job in October 2003 and have found it very difficult to
find a new job.

It seem that everyone is looking for .Net experience these
days and I don't have it. So I have been thinking about
getting an MCSD or MCAD certification in .NET with a
concentration on C#.

I have been checking the web and there seem to be all
kinds of training classes around, some on-line, some with
instructors, some include exams on-site, some don't. Well
you know how many there are, I am sure.

Anyway, here is my question:

I think I would do best in a class setting, so I am
looking for a boot camp type class. I really don't care
where, but Denver, CO or Tampa, FL or San Jose, CA are on
the top of the list. Can anyone here recommend a school in
those cities or anywhere else?

If you don't think these training courses are worth
anything, please say so and explain why you think so.

Thanks

Ute

=?Utf-8?B?ZW1n?=

Hi Ute!

I don't know if it's too late to reply to your post . . . but here are my
thoughts.

The quality of training programs varies greatly but I'm sure there are ones
out there that are good. I followed the self-study route myself - - but I
wasn't out of work - - that puts a lot more time pressure on you.

My only comment is that many people have paid a lot of money for various
training courses that unfortunately did not lead to a job. The situation is
especially cruel when it's someone who had extended unemployment and for whom
money is tight. I have never come across a company that would accept
training or a certification in lieu of experience. It stinks, and it's
extremely short-sighted, but that's the way a lot of employers work.

So my caution to you is be very careful with your money. Even if the
training program is great, it may not help your employement situation AT ALL.
So be sure you can afford to risk the money this boot camp will cost you.

Best of Luck.

"Ute" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have over 15 years experience in software development,
> including several years of Visual Studio ASP. I lost my
> job in October 2003 and have found it very difficult to
> find a new job.
>
> It seem that everyone is looking for .Net experience these
> days and I don't have it. So I have been thinking about
> getting an MCSD or MCAD certification in .NET with a
> concentration on C#.
>
> I have been checking the web and there seem to be all
> kinds of training classes around, some on-line, some with
> instructors, some include exams on-site, some don't. Well
> you know how many there are, I am sure.
>
> Anyway, here is my question:
>
> I think I would do best in a class setting, so I am
> looking for a boot camp type class. I really don't care
> where, but Denver, CO or Tampa, FL or San Jose, CA are on
> the top of the list. Can anyone here recommend a school in
> those cities or anywhere else?
>
> If you don't think these training courses are worth
> anything, please say so and explain why you think so.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ute

CCIE Voice bootcamp training in Toronto, Canada iNetEnterprise Cisco 2 10-20-2011 04:54 PM
CCIE bootcamp preparation jmarkotic Cisco 6 08-25-2008 07:59 AM
CCIE Voice Training (bootcamp) in Toronto, Canada iNetEnterprise Cisco 0 07-16-2005 03:21 PM
CCIE R&S bootcamp. Piter Cisco 0 11-21-2004 10:48 AM
MCSE bootcamp silmiar to Military Bootcamp? MisterBootcamp MCSE 7 12-07-2003 01:44 AM

Advertisments