Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Calling Unix Shell from C compiler

Calling Unix Shell from C compiler

Chris Vidal

Good morning
I use either :
HP-UX <server> B.11.00 U 9000/800
SunOS <server> 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-88

I have some sensitive Unix Ksh scripts that I need to protect.
I do not know C.

What is the code used to call and execute an external ksh script ?
I am reviewing web info in attempt to find a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help !

--
Christopher Vidal

Victor Bazarov

Chris Vidal wrote:
> Good morning
> I use either :
> HP-UX <server> B.11.00 U 9000/800
> SunOS <server> 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-88

That's irrelevant here. We talk C++, not Unix, not SunOS.

> I have some sensitive Unix Ksh scripts that I need to protect.
> I do not know C.

Neither do we (theoretically). This is a _C++_ newsgroup.

> What is the code used to call and execute an external ksh script ?

See 'system' function.

> I am reviewing web info in attempt to find a solution.

Are you?