Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > singletons

singletons

johny smith

Can someone point me to some good articles on how to create singleton
objects and how to access operations within a singleton object.

I did a search and found a couple of papers, but am looking for more.

Thanks alot

Jonathan Turkanis

"johny smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone point me to some good articles on how to create

singleton
> objects and how to access operations within a singleton object.

1. Design Patterns, by Gamma et al, Ch. 3 -- classic description of
the pattern
2. Modern C++ Design, Alexandrescu Ch. 6 -- thorough discussion and
ingenious implementation of C++ singletons

Once you've absorbed these, you might want to look at the recents
stuff on the double-checked locking pattern by Alexandrescu and
Meyers.

Jonathan