Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Running application using DLL + DLL localization

Running application using DLL + DLL localization

Krzysiek

Hello,

I have following problem: I built DLL in MSVC++ Toolkit 2003; when
this file is copied to windows system or system32 directory, DLL host
program is running with no problems. But, as far as this is
proprietary DLL, I should place it only in directory of host program -
and here's the problem. When this DLL is placed only in DLL host
program directory, the program runs(i.e. there's no "xxx.DLL not
found" message) but does not work properly - just like the exports
were unaccessible for the program.

I'm not sure where's the problem - should I alter DLL code or DLL
host program code? What should I change?

Thank You,
best regards

Krzysztof Korpiela

David Harmon

On 4 Jul 2004 10:23:33 -0700 in comp.lang.c++, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Krzysiek) wrote,
> I'm not sure where's the problem - should I alter DLL code or DLL
>host program code? What should I change?

You should change the newsgroup where you are posting. The behavior of
DLLs is a feature of your operating system and not of the C++ language.

See the welcome message posted twice per week in comp.lang.c++ or
available at http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

Krzysiek

David Harmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 4 Jul 2004 10:23:33 -0700 in comp.lang.c++, (E-Mail Removed)
> (Krzysiek) wrote,
> > I'm not sure where's the problem - should I alter DLL code or DLL
> >host program code? What should I change?

> You should change the newsgroup where you are posting. The behavior of
> DLLs is a feature of your operating system and not of the C++ language.
>
> See the welcome message posted twice per week in comp.lang.c++ or
> available at http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

OK, thanks for pointing me out