Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Debug Assertion Failed! and no obvious Error

Debug Assertion Failed! and no obvious Error

Kapt. Boogschutter

Does anyone know Why I'm getting this Error???

Debug Assertion Failed!
File: daocore.cpp
Line: 42

My code:

CDaoDatabase dao;
dao.Create("filename");
dao.Close();

It's very strange, because I get no errors until the CDaoDatabase object is
destructed.
Another strange thing is that if I call dao.IsOpen it returns TRUE even if I
call dao.Close several times.

I'm at a los since try and catch didn't help at all.

red floyd

Kapt. Boogschutter wrote:
> Does anyone know Why I'm getting this Error???
>
> Debug Assertion Failed!
> File: daocore.cpp
> Line: 42
>
> My code:
>
> CDaoDatabase dao;
> dao.Create("filename");
> dao.Close();
>
> It's very strange, because I get no errors until the CDaoDatabase object is
> destructed.
> Another strange thing is that if I call dao.IsOpen it returns TRUE even if I
> call dao.Close several times.
>
> I'm at a los since try and catch didn't help at all.

OT. CDaoDatabase is not Standard. Look in the MS newsgroups
(news.microsoft.com or msnews.microsoft.com) for help.