Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Libraries in C++

Libraries in C++

Przemek

Dear All,

I would like to ask you if you know any freely availible c++ libraries
for network and database programming which can be used on different
platforms. I know one of them is Qt, but it is not free of charge and
it can be used without a licence fee for open source programs.

Thank you for hints,

Przemyslaw

Peter van Merkerk

Przemek wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I would like to ask you if you know any freely availible c++ libraries
> for network and database programming which can be used on different
> platforms. I know one of them is Qt, but it is not free of charge and
> it can be used without a licence fee for open source programs.

Did you check the FAQ?
http://www.trumphurst.com/cpplibs/cpplibs.phtml

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

Hayden A. James

QT is strictly a GUI library, not really meant for network and database
programming.

--
Hayden A. James

Daniel Blankensteiner

Przemek wrote:

> I would like to ask you if you know any freely availible c++ libraries
> for network and database programming which can be used on different
> platforms. I know one of them is Qt, but it is not free of charge and
> it can be used without a licence fee for open source programs.

www.wxwidgets.org

br
db