Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > File Manipulation

File Manipulation

Ryan Waye

I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
these annoying questions?

RW

John Harrison

"Ryan Waye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
> allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
> I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
> simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
> where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
> these annoying questions?

No such commands exist in standard C++. You need to use the Windows API
instead. How you do that with the Dev C++ compiler I don't know, and its off
topic on this group anyway which only deals with standard C++.

For help on the Windows API look at the MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com.

john

Uwe Schnitker

"John Harrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Ryan Waye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have looked extensively, and I have been unable to find commands that
> > allow a C++ program to manipulate other files in a windows environment.
> > I use the Dev-C++ compiler. How do I make C++ do
> > simple things like copy and past files, and navigate directories? Also,
> > where is a good command reference that I can use so I dont have to post
> > these annoying questions?
> >

> No such commands exist in standard C++. You need to use the Windows API
> instead. How you do that with the Dev C++ compiler I don't know, and its off
> topic on this group anyway which only deals with standard C++.
>
> For help on the Windows API look at the MSDN site, msdn.microsoft.com.
>
> john

Alternatively, one can use the Boost Filesystem Library.

Resource File Manipulation JezB ASP .Net 0 02-25-2005 05:27 PM
HELP: looking for ElfTree-like file manipulation program for WinXP wege Computer Support 4 06-04-2004 03:36 AM
Zip file manipulation Roedy Green Java 2 08-17-2003 06:12 AM
Re: file overwrite data manipulation John Harrison C++ 2 06-27-2003 05:12 AM
Re: file overwrite data manipulation Chris Theis C++ 0 06-26-2003 07:32 AM

Advertisments