Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Making a 2d game engine

Making a 2d game engine

Link 64 12

Im very new, (borderline complete idoit), and I was wondering if anyone could
point me to a newbie guide for creating a basic 2d graphic game engine. I would
like to make the maps random so if there are TONS of guides point me to one
that would help me in that sense : ) thanks in advance for help,

- The Dolt

Pete C.

Link 64 12 wrote:
> Im very new, (borderline complete idoit), and I was wondering if
> anyone could point me to a newbie guide for creating a basic 2d
> graphic game engine. I would like to make the maps random so if there
> are TONS of guides point me to one that would help me in that sense :
> ) thanks in advance for help,
>
> - The Dolt

C++ provides no support for graphics, so you'll need to use a third-party
library, which are off-topic here. I suggest you ask in the forums on
www.gamedev.net.

- Pete