Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Does anyone has fixed size memory allocator code?

Re: Does anyone has fixed size memory allocator code?

tom_usenet

On 20 Jun 2004 07:58:25 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Min-Koo Seo)
wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I am reading Effective C++ by Scott Myers. In item 10, there is a
>question for readers: writing generalized fixed size memory allocator.
>
>I tried to solve the problem, but I couldn't. To allocate for memory
>for any objects, I need declare a void *. But, AFAIK, void * does not
>support + operator, making the solution complicated.
>
>If you solved the problem, or know where the answer is, then please
>let me know.

Check out Loki's small object allocator:
http://www.moderncppdesign.com/ (and read the book for the how-to).

Alternatively, boost's pool library also does this. See www.boost.org

Tom
--