Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Blue Screen and unknown error

Blue Screen and unknown error

=?Utf-8?B?TXVuZ3Vz?=

Hi, I'm hoping for some help. I've been getting blue screen since I built my
computer. It's fully updated by Windows Update, and I've been round all the
websites related to the installed parts for updates. Updated everything I can
think of....but I'm still receiving blue screen messages.

Some messages give the same error time after time, other times it gives out
others. When I reboot and Error Reporter sends the error report off, it comes
back with the problem been a device driver. But it cannot determing what part
caused the error.

Sometimes my system can be stable for days, other times it blue screens
minutes after booting. It happens when I'm not doing anything out of the
ordinary, i.e. surfing the Internet, watching clips on Media Player, etc.
Guarenteed for it to happen when I'm editing my home movies or playing games.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I'm at my wits end!!

If you need more technical detail's just ask...

Thanks in advance.

Coolfox

i also met ur problem.but i work out it.
can u tell me ur using OS? win2000 or XP?
i forgot some operation steps cuz now i'm using linux.
but maybe i can help u if u can give me ur computer hardware details.
now it's my question:
does it have some messages such as"dumpping memory XX%" when ur system
show blue screens?is it auto reboot after dump memory?

=?Utf-8?B?TXVuZ3Vz?=

Hi Coolfox, here's some detail's of my system:

OS:- Win XP Home
CPU:- AMD Athlon 3200+
Memory:- 2x PNY 512Mb DDR400 memory
Graphics Card:- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Sound Card:- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS
Hard Drive:- Seagate Barracuda 160Gb 7200rpm 8Mb Cache
DVD Drive:- Iomega Dual DVD

As for your question; I do have Memory Dump turned on to "Small Memory Dump
(64k)" in the Write Debugging Information section of Startup and Recovery.
When blue screen accures, it flashes up, but it's too quick to read before it
reboots. I've now turned off "Automaticly Restart" if there's a system
failure.

It still does blue screen, though, then reboots.
Hope you can help out, cheers in advance.

"Coolfox" wrote:

> i also met ur problem.but i work out it.
> can u tell me ur using OS? win2000 or XP?
> i forgot some operation steps cuz now i'm using linux.
> but maybe i can help u if u can give me ur computer hardware details.
> now it's my question:
> does it have some messages such as"dumpping memory XX%" when ur system
> show blue screens?is it auto reboot after dump memory?

HyBRiiD

I had that same problem, I replaced my RAM and it went away

I have a Soltek mobo and sometimes it just doesn't like RAM, I work a
an IT college so I just took it wo work and swapped it to osme that i
did like, the ram works fine on the college computer and the colege
ram works fine on mine now, I thank that my Mobo just didn't like th
RAM

I laughted so hard when I got a blue screen in winXP

I didn't even know you could still get them.

Hope this help

-
HyBRii

HyBRiiD

wow, I wish I could edit my spelling...

I had that same problem, I replaced my RAM and it went away

I have a Soltek mobo and sometimes it just doesn't like RAM, I work a
an IT college so I just took it to work and swapped it to some that i
did like, the RAM works fine on the college computer and the colleg
computers RAM works fine on mine now, I think that my Mobo just didn'
like the RAM

I laughed so hard when I got a blue screen in winXP

I didn't even know you could still get them.

Hope this help

-
HyBRii

Coolfox

1.r u sure u have installed mainboard driver?if not,install it.
2.and XP need SATA driver, plz open ur UDMA option in ur harddrive
preference.
3.keep ur computer on offline status.test it.
4.upgrade ur xp to sp2 packages.
try this.whether u success or not,send e-mail to me:(E-Mail Removed)
i'll give my best to help u.

于 Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:59:03 -0800,Mungus写到:

> Hi Coolfox, here's some detail's of my system:
>
> OS:- Win XP Home
> CPU:- AMD Athlon 3200+
> Memory:- 2x PNY 512Mb DDR400 memory
> Graphics Card:- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
> Sound Card:- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS
> Hard Drive:- Seagate Barracuda 160Gb 7200rpm 8Mb Cache
> DVD Drive:- Iomega Dual DVD
>
> As for your question; I do have Memory Dump turned on to "Small Memory Dump
> (64k)" in the Write Debugging Information section of Startup and Recovery.
> When blue screen accures, it flashes up, but it's too quick to read before it
> reboots. I've now turned off "Automaticly Restart" if there's a system
> failure.
>
> It still does blue screen, though, then reboots.
> Hope you can help out, cheers in advance.
>

> "Coolfox" wrote:
>
>> i also met ur problem.but i work out it.
>> can u tell me ur using OS? win2000 or XP?
>> i forgot some operation steps cuz now i'm using linux.
>> but maybe i can help u if u can give me ur computer hardware details.
>> now it's my question:
>> does it have some messages such as"dumpping memory XX%" when ur system
>> show blue screens?is it auto reboot after dump memory?

=?Utf-8?B?TXVuZ3Vz?=

Hi again,

I forgot to include my motherboard detail's:
DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B

As to your points, coolfox, (1) I am unsure if the motherboard driver is
installed. To cut a long story short: When I first built my system I bought a
DFI LanParty NFII Ultra motherboard. But it was faulty, took it back, and got
PC World to look at what happened. Anyway, the changed (upgraded) the
motherboard to the LanParty NFII Ultra "B". I took it home and been having
this problem since. And I was never given any discs or software for the new
motherboard. I've downloaded what I can from the DFI website. But still same
results.
(2) I'm unsure what you mean by this; I'm by no means very technical or
expert in such matters. A few pointers how tpo do this, please?
(3)I'll do offline testing when I get more info on the above point.
(4)My system is completely up to date with Windows Update and other various
sources. SP 2 is installed.

HyBriid, thanks for replying also, I've been thinking along that very same
line. The PNY memory might not work correctly with my DFI motherboard. I'm
trying to find a (real, i don't buy online) shop that sells Corsair memory.
I've heard they're very good types of memory.

Anyway, thanks for your continued help...

"Coolfox" wrote:

> 1.r u sure u have installed mainboard driver?if not,install it.
> 2.and XP need SATA driver, plz open ur UDMA option in ur harddrive
> preference.
> 3.keep ur computer on offline status.test it.
> 4.upgrade ur xp to sp2 packages.
> try this.whether u success or not,send e-mail to me:(E-Mail Removed)
> i'll give my best to help u.
>

> 于 Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:59:03 -0800,Mungus写到:
>
> > Hi Coolfox, here's some detail's of my system:
> >
> > OS:- Win XP Home
> > CPU:- AMD Athlon 3200+
> > Memory:- 2x PNY 512Mb DDR400 memory
> > Graphics Card:- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
> > Sound Card:- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS
> > Hard Drive:- Seagate Barracuda 160Gb 7200rpm 8Mb Cache
> > DVD Drive:- Iomega Dual DVD
> >
> > As for your question; I do have Memory Dump turned on to "Small Memory Dump
> > (64k)" in the Write Debugging Information section of Startup and Recovery.
> > When blue screen accures, it flashes up, but it's too quick to read before it
> > reboots. I've now turned off "Automaticly Restart" if there's a system
> > failure.
> >
> > It still does blue screen, though, then reboots.
> > Hope you can help out, cheers in advance.
> >

> > "Coolfox" wrote:
> >
> >> i also met ur problem.but i work out it.
> >> can u tell me ur using OS? win2000 or XP?
> >> i forgot some operation steps cuz now i'm using linux.
> >> but maybe i can help u if u can give me ur computer hardware details.
> >> now it's my question:
> >> does it have some messages such as"dumpping memory XX%" when ur system
> >> show blue screens?is it auto reboot after dump memory?

Coolfox

Hi Mungus.
i asked my friend yesterday.
they said it was probably caused by memory incompatible with motherboard.
though i don't think so.
about ur motherboard driver,u should find NFII chipset
driver on offical website.not on manufacture website.
http://www.nvidia.com/page/mobo.html
click this link then download what u need.try to install.

Help one make me happy. lol~~~
by the way.where r u from?

于 Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:05:05 -0800,Mungus写到: