Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Problem with registration after passing MCP Exam

Problem with registration after passing MCP Exam

PS

Hi

I pass my first exam MCP and I recieved mail from MS and I wanted to
register on MCP sites.

I saw sth like this:
Welcome to the MCP Member site.
Accessing Member Content
To gain access to MCP Member content, you must associate your MCP profile
with your Microsoft .NET Passport. This is the only time you will be asked
to associate these two accounts, as long as you continue to use the same
...NET Passport.

Please provide the information below to help us verify your identity. For
the Registration ID, use the number from any exam score report you have
received from your exam provider.
* indicates a required field

* Last Name
* Email
* Home Phone (last 4 digits)
* Country
* VendorRegistration ID

And I have very funny problem - I don't remember any placy in my .NET
Passport where sth like "Home Phone" exists... So I don't know what to do
with this.... On registration form to MCP exam home phone also doesn't
exist...

Could anybody help mi with this?

Best wishes
Przemek

Mr.Systems Engineer

You need to use whatever phone number you used when you
registered for the exam. Prometric or Vue probably can
give you this information on their respective website. If
that fails, use whatever phone number you used to
register with Microsoft. (when you provided them with an
address to send your MCP welcome kit to, you would also
have been asked for a phone number.)There is not a
requirement for a phone number to use a Passport, only a
username (e-mail address) and password. Hope that helps.

MikeF

Just keep pounding away at it. I've taken around 15 MS exams, have 3 MCSEs.
Ms has always updated my profile quickly, but they lost my hotmail account
and first passport account long ago. And the second passport account still
has a defunct email address on it, even tho they've had my current email
addy for a couple years in all the rest of my stuff. I tried eight times
over two days to get the correct addy into the passport account (about two
years ago) then gave up. Maybe it all works better now :}
Or not.

Mike

"PS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I pass my first exam MCP and I recieved mail from MS and I wanted to
> register on MCP sites.
>
> I saw sth like this:
> Welcome to the MCP Member site.
> Accessing Member Content
> To gain access to MCP Member content, you must associate your MCP profile
> with your Microsoft .NET Passport. This is the only time you will be asked
> to associate these two accounts, as long as you continue to use the same
> ..NET Passport.
>
> Please provide the information below to help us verify your identity. For
> the Registration ID, use the number from any exam score report you have
> received from your exam provider.
> * indicates a required field
>
> * Last Name
> * Email
> * Home Phone (last 4 digits)
> * Country
> * VendorRegistration ID
>
> And I have very funny problem - I don't remember any placy in my .NET
> Passport where sth like "Home Phone" exists... So I don't know what to do
> with this.... On registration form to MCP exam home phone also doesn't
> exist...
>
> Could anybody help mi with this?
>
> Best wishes
> Przemek

MikeF

oops, forgot to tell you what to do. call them up. that usually gets it
done.
they have 800 numbers for mcp help.