Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Microsoft Visual C++

Microsoft Visual C++

Pmb

Hi. I'm new to this group and am coming from programming in C, which I
haven't done in years. I'm learning C++ right now. When I finish I'd like to
go to Visual C++. Is there a newsgroup for that or are there many people
here who know visual C++?

Thanks

Pete

ICanFly

2004/05/17 17:34:05

Pmb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

<(E-Mail Removed)>

> Hi. I'm new to this group and am coming from programming in C,

which I

> haven't done in years. I'm learning C++ right now. When I finish

I'd like to

> go to Visual C++. Is there a newsgroup for that or are there many

people

> here who know visual C++?

> Thanks

> Pete

Try MS's Newsgroup:

Good Luck!
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

John Carson

"ICanFly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8a2ms$uop$(E-Mail Removed)

> Try MS's Newsgroup:

Specifically,

microsoft.public.vc.language

and

microsoft.public.vc.stl

You can connect directly to the MS news server with Outlook Express (and
presumably other news readers) at

msnews.microsoft.com

--
John Carson

tom_usenet

On Mon, 17 May 2004 05:34:05 -0400, "Pmb" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi. I'm new to this group and am coming from programming in C, which I
>haven't done in years. I'm learning C++ right now. When I finish I'd like to
>go to Visual C++. Is there a newsgroup for that or are there many people
>here who know visual C++?

Questions about the standard C++ language and libraries (such as
iostreams, the STL, templates, virtual functions, etc.) are best asked
here. Anything else (such as Win32, MFC, quirks of MSVC++, IDE issues)
should go to one of the groups under microsoft.public.vc. My news
server carries them anyway, but if yours doesn't, try
news.microsoft.com, or google groups.

Tom
--
C++ FAQ: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

jeffc

"Pmb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi. I'm new to this group and am coming from programming in C, which I
> haven't done in years. I'm learning C++ right now. When I finish I'd like

> go to Visual C++. Is there a newsgroup for that or are there many people
> here who know visual C++?

There are 2 parts to Visual C++ - the environment, and the language
compiler. You can get help here with the language (although there are a few
specifics quirks to the Microsoft compiler (just like any compiler, but
maybe more so )) For the rest, go to the microsoft.public.* newsgroups.

Frank Looper

"ICanFly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8a2ms$uop$(E-Mail Removed)...
<snip>
> Try MS's Newsgroup:

Thanks, from not-the-original-poster.