Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > my next comp

my next comp

SynDR0m3 SynDR0m3 is offline
Junior Member

$900NZD to build a comp, any suggestions?
btw this does not include monitor, mouse, spkrs

PUTALE PUTALE is offline
Senior Member

amd64, socket 939 sli

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

I wouldn't waste my money on SLI right now, but AMD socket 939 would be a good choice. I would wait till the ATI cross fire is in the stores though, so you have all the choices open to you.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

just get a Single PCI-E, because it unlikely u are going to actually buy a Crossfire GPU, or a SLi GPu and link 2

mpcamer mpcamer is offline
Junior Member
Location: Danville Illinois

I would say 3200 Venice and a DFI motherboard.. What are your prefrences on ATI/NVidia?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

ok... so u want a good computah?
i say something like
3200/3000+ AMD 64 Venice (Skt 939)
DFI Modo, porbably a Lan Party, just a single PCI-E
and something like a x600pro or a x800xt something between there .
and the rest is up to u

SynDR0m3 SynDR0m3 is offline
Junior Member

ok well, m1k30rz has just convinced me to switch to ati/amd, seems like a good idea.

SynDR0m3 SynDR0m3 is offline
Junior Member

oh btw unholy, i don't have $2000
I HAVE NINE HUNDRED!!!

Flukemanguy Flukemanguy is offline
Senior Member

You could buy a pretty good compy with 900 bucks, just needa know where to look.
Have a look at http://www.promax.co.nz, most systems they sell won't give you OS etc,
but you can buy them for an extra amount of cash.
They also sell good parts, cheap aswell, take a look

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

My piece together wasn't going to be over 900 NZ,i pieced it at 700 AU