Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Compiler compiler with C++ as output

Compiler compiler with C++ as output

Andrey Batyuck

Greetings.

Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
fully object-oriented compiler compiler.

So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?

With Best Regards, Andrey

Claudio Puviani

"Andrey Batyuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?

There used to be a product called YACC++ that processed LR(k) grammars (not
LALR(1)) and generated C++ code. I have no idea if the company that made it still
exists. It's something a web search engine or two can answer for you, if you're
interested.

Claudio Puviani

Todor Todorov

"Andrey Batyuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<40a08411$1@proxy>...
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?
>
> With Best Regards, Andrey

Try antlr
Best regards
Todor

Frederik Hertzum

Andrey Batyuck wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?
>
> With Best Regards, Andrey

What you need is a scripting interface. Not a compiler compiler (what
ever that is). If you are working on a linux box, try QSA (A C++
scripting interface) which you can get from Trolltechs site.

If you aren't working on a linux box, you might be able to find a few
(that also works on linux box') on http://www.google.com (search for
'scripting c++').