Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ Exercises

C++ Exercises

Wous Mant

Hello,
I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
exercises about;
Strings
Arrays
Pointers
Dynamic Memory Allocation
Classes
Inheritance
Exception Handling

Or if you have some can you please send them to

Thank you in advance

rossum

On 7 May 2004 12:08:22 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Wous Mant) wrote:

>Hello,
>I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
>coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
>test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
>where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
>and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
>exercises about;
>Strings
>Arrays
>Pointers
>Dynamic Memory Allocation
>Classes
>Inheritance
>Exception Handling
>
>Or if you have some can you please send them to
>(E-Mail Removed)
>
>Thank you in advance

Try these:

http://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/bio/problems.html

http://www.nist.gov/dads/

http://acm.uva.es/problemset/

All from the FAQ:

rossum

--

The Ultimate Truth is that there is no Ultimate Truth

Wous Mant

Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
is appriciated.
Thank you

Alf P. Steinbach

* (E-Mail Removed) (Wous Mant) schriebt:
> Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
> in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
> is appriciated.

1) The FAQ is a good place to start.
2) Your lecturer should ideally be a good person to ask.
3) Google and other search engines are your friends.

Presumably you have text-book, which one is that?

If it is a good one, try to do the exercises in the book.

Hth.

- Alf

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

osmium

Wous Mant writes:

> Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
> in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
> is appriciated.

Usenet is a lossy medium, that is, we don't all get all the messages. When
you respond without attribution, as you did here, it makes it very hard to
help. As I see this complete thread you asked a question and got what looks
to me like one reasonable answer and another answer which presumes you are
too <something> to look at your text book. You must post a *complete*
thought to get non-insulting help. You may get insulted anyway, that's the
nature of the beast.

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Wous Mant wrote:

> Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
> in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
> is appriciated.
> Thank you

rossum has posted a number of links.
Among them is
http://acm.uva.es/problemset/

I just took a look at it. If you can solve them
you don't have to worry about your exam.

--
Karl Heinz Buchegger
(E-Mail Removed)

Dave Townsend

Take a look at the Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ book, I think
there's actually a C++ Answer book which has solutions
to the exercises.

"Wous Mant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
> I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
> coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
> test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
> where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
> and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
> exercises about;
> Strings
> Arrays
> Pointers
> Dynamic Memory Allocation
> Classes
> Inheritance
> Exception Handling
>
> Or if you have some can you please send them to
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thank you in advance

Pmb

"Dave Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Take a look at the Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ book, I think
> there's actually a C++ Answer book which has solutions
> to the exercises.
>

> "Wous Mant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hello,
> > I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
> > coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
> > test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
> > where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
> > and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
> > exercises about;
> > Strings
> > Arrays
> > Pointers
> > Dynamic Memory Allocation
> > Classes
> > Inheritance
> > Exception Handling
> >
> > Or if you have some can you please send them to
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> > Thank you in advance

I have Deitel's text "C++; How to Program" and I find it to be an excellent
text. I got the package deal where it comes with some software, but that may
be the only way it comes (someone gave it to me). It has answers to review
exercises and it has the source code to some of the programming exercises.

Pmb

Pmb

"Pmb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Take a look at the Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ book, I think
> > there's actually a C++ Answer book which has solutions
> > to the exercises.
> >

> > "Wous Mant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > Hello,
> > > I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
> > > coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
> > > test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
> > > where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
> > > and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
> > > exercises about;
> > > Strings
> > > Arrays
> > > Pointers
> > > Dynamic Memory Allocation
> > > Classes
> > > Inheritance
> > > Exception Handling
> > >
> > > Or if you have some can you please send them to
> > > (E-Mail Removed)
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance

> I have Deitel's text "C++; How to Program" and I find it to be an

excellent
> text. I got the package deal where it comes with some software, but that

may
> be the only way it comes (someone gave it to me). It has answers to review
> exercises and it has the source code to some of the programming exercises.
>
> Pmb

See also --
http://nova.umuc.edu/~jarc/sdsd/
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~icss263/exercises.html

Pmb

Exercises 70-290 Pedro Estoura MCSE 7 08-19-2004 04:36 PM
Exchange exercises David K MCSE 1 06-18-2004 11:33 PM
Should i select per device or per server to do all exercises? ADRENALINE MCSE 20 01-22-2004 09:20 PM
Some Exercises feivue C Programming 6 10-13-2003 12:14 PM
Some Exercises feivue C++ 9 10-13-2003 04:20 AM

Advertisments