Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > get filename from ifstream?

get filename from ifstream?

Thomas Schaefer

Hi all,

I have a rather uncommon problem: I get an ifstream but I don't know the
name of the file connected to this ifstream.

Is there any way to get the file name out of an ifstream?

TIA
Thomas

Mike Wahler

"Thomas Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a rather uncommon problem: I get an ifstream but I don't know the
> name of the file connected to this ifstream.
>
> Is there any way to get the file name out of an ifstream?

No there is not. But in order to open the file, you
had to supply the name. Just save that.

-Mike