Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Using "numeric_limits<double>::min()" in MFC application

Using "numeric_limits<double>::min()" in MFC application

Julie

"E. Robert Tisdale" wrote:

> Julie wrote:
>
> > Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >>Also, perhaps what's regarded as on-topic here should be loosened up a bit.

> > Funny thing is that since this newsgroup doesn't have a charter,
> > there really isn't a notion of on or off topic here...

> There certainly *is* strong opinion
> about what is on and off topic in the comp.lang.c++ newsgroup.
> Whether there is consensus or not is independent
> of whether there is a charter or not.
>

> > The FAQ ain't it, either.
> >
> > First things first, let's get a charter for the newsgroup.

> A charter won't help build consensus.
> A charter won't help enforce rules.
> A charter probably won't even help end discussion
> about what is on or off topic in this newsgroup.

All true, however it doesn't change the fact that a charter should be the first
order of business if better defining newsgroup topicality is needed.

> The comp.lang.c++ has a higher signal-to-noise ratio
> than newsgroups that have a charter.
> Let's not screw that up.

Are you concluding that necessarily having a charter decreases signal to noise?

Ioannis Vranos

"Julie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Alf P. Steinbach" wrote:
> [snip]
> > Also, perhaps what's regarded as on-topic here should be loosened up a

bit.

> Funny thing is that since this newsgroup doesn't have a charter, there

really
> isn't a notion of on or off topic here...
>
> The FAQ ain't it, either.
>
> First things first, let's get a charter for the newsgroup.

But Usenet is still governed by the old days spirit of freedom. That means
that when you think something does not fit to be discussed here, you notify
the user to find a more appropriate newsgroup.

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

Ioannis Vranos

"Julie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> All true, however it doesn't change the fact that a charter should be the

first
> order of business if better defining newsgroup topicality is needed.

The topicality is well known. ISO C++.

Regards,

Ioannis Vranos

Jalal

Dear Pete:

I have implemented what you have suggested. My program is now
working. Thank you for your helps.

Best Regards,

Jalal