Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > analysis tool.... other than purify

analysis tool.... other than purify

grahamo

Hey,

maybe a little off topic but I'm running round in circles here...

I am aware of a couple of other memory tracking products out there but
I would like to know of ALL of them. So far I have;

1) BoundsChecker
2) Insure++
3) HeapAgent
4) Rational Purify.

What others exist? Basically I want something that does exactly what
purify does, namely to give you the call stack for leaks and allow you
to double click the offending line while dropping you straight into
the piece of offending code.

I'm having awful problems getting purify to instrument, basically it
won't!

Any other good products out there that anybody knows of?

Cheers,

GrahamO

Peter van Merkerk

"grahamo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hey,
>
> maybe a little off topic but I'm running round in circles here...
>

> I am aware of a couple of other memory tracking products out there but
> I would like to know of ALL of them. So far I have;
>
> 1) BoundsChecker
> 2) Insure++
> 3) HeapAgent
> 4) Rational Purify.
>
> What others exist? Basically I want something that does exactly what
> purify does, namely to give you the call stack for leaks and allow you
> to double click the offending line while dropping you straight into
> the piece of offending code.
>

> I'm having awful problems getting purify to instrument, basically it
> won't!
>
> Any other good products out there that anybody knows of?

AQTime:
http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/aqtime.asp

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

Jerald Fijerald

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (grahamo) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hey,
>
> maybe a little off topic but I'm running round in circles here...
>

> I am aware of a couple of other memory tracking products out there but
> I would like to know of ALL of them. So far I have;
>
> 1) BoundsChecker
> 2) Insure++
> 3) HeapAgent
> 4) Rational Purify.
>
> What others exist? Basically I want something that does exactly what
> purify does, namely to give you the call stack for leaks and allow you
> to double click the offending line while dropping you straight into
> the piece of offending code.
>

> I'm having awful problems getting purify to instrument, basically it
> won't!
>
> Any other good products out there that anybody knows of?

'valgrind'. Emulates an x86 CPU and catches things like using
uninitialized data. An awesome free program.
Purify is a joke compared to valgrind.

Gerald.

Rakesh Kumar

There is electricfence (libefence ) and mtrace ,available in GNU/Linux .
mtrace is too good to miss any memory leaks. But on the flip side, it
takes up so much of disk space in terms of writing it.

--
Rakesh Kumar
** Remove nospamplz from my email address for my real email **