Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > A+ Exam

A+ Exam

=?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

Hi,

I was wondering for the A+ exam is it 2 different tests that give u 1
certificate. Like an Operating System exam & a PC Hardware one?
Or is it just one full test on PC Hardware?
Or just one full test on both?

Thanks,
--
Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

2, Core and OS:
http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"SagaBoi17" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering for the A+ exam is it 2 different tests that give u
> 1
> certificate. Like an Operating System exam & a PC Hardware one?
> Or is it just one full test on PC Hardware?
> Or just one full test on both?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

=?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

Thanks, so pretty much 2 seperate tests = 1 A+ Certification.

Any suggestions on which OS book is best to self study?

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> 2, Core and OS:
> http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "SagaBoi17" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering for the A+ exam is it 2 different tests that give u
> > 1
> > certificate. Like an Operating System exam & a PC Hardware one?
> > Or is it just one full test on PC Hardware?
> > Or just one full test on both?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

Mike Meyers has a very good book to prepare you for A+
certification. It is called Mike Meyers Passport A+
Certification. Transcender also offers great practice
tests to prepare you for the exam as well as a good
learning tool in general.
Feral Geek

Christ5340

80 questions in 1.5 hours

33% of the test was related to cpu types, speeds, sockets, and
motherboard compatiblity
20% memory types, speeds, number of pins
20% laser and inkjet printing processes, installing, troubleshooting
20% anything to do with laptops, batteries, pc cards, connecting
devices to it
7% scsi related, different types of connectors, basic order of
troubleshooting a pc, bios/cmos issues

SagaBoi17 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering for the A+ exam is it 2 different tests that give u 1
> certificate. Like an Operating System exam & a PC Hardware one?
> Or is it just one full test on PC Hardware?
> Or just one full test on both?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

Mike Meyers, this is great to know, but I was wondering if there was any self
study books specializing in the OS area. I wanna hold off on hardware for now.

How about "A+ Guide to Software: Managing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting,
Third Edition
Anything better than this for self study preparation?

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Mike Meyers has a very good book to prepare you for A+
> certification. It is called Mike Meyers Passport A+
> Certification. Transcender also offers great practice
> tests to prepare you for the exam as well as a good
> learning tool in general.
> Feral Geek

Tony

Damn.... 1.5 hours huh. Took me a total of 21 minutes, and that was with
the adaptive beta, so i had to answer 30 more questions per exam......
gee, wonder how long it would have taken me if i'd actually studied?

Christ5340 wrote:
> 80 questions in 1.5 hours
>
> 33% of the test was related to cpu types, speeds, sockets, and
> motherboard compatiblity
> 20% memory types, speeds, number of pins
> 20% laser and inkjet printing processes, installing, troubleshooting
> 20% anything to do with laptops, batteries, pc cards, connecting
> devices to it
> 7% scsi related, different types of connectors, basic order of
> troubleshooting a pc, bios/cmos issues
>

> SagaBoi17 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I was wondering for the A+ exam is it 2 different tests that give u 1
>>certificate. Like an Operating System exam & a PC Hardware one?
>>Or is it just one full test on PC Hardware?
>>Or just one full test on both?
>>
>>Thanks,

Gabriel

there's a hardware test and a O/S test and u get 2 cert's. i'm going for
mine as well good luck too u.....
"SagaBoi17" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering for the A+ exam is it 2 different tests that give u 1
> certificate. Like an Operating System exam & a PC Hardware one?
> Or is it just one full test on PC Hardware?
> Or just one full test on both?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

Microsoft Guru

Mike Meyers is "THE" best one...
No need to look elsewhere!

MG