Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > adding bitmap to button

adding bitmap to button

Monty R. Caywood

Is there a way to add a specific bitmap on a button?

Dan Bloomquist

Monty R. Caywood wrote:
> Is there a way to add a specific bitmap on a button?

There are no buttons in c++, so
Try microsoft.public.vc.mfc (assumes mfc)
Search codeproject.com (assumes mfc or...)
See SetBitmap and/or the override DrawItem (assumes mfc)

Best, Dan.

--
http://lakeweb.net
http://ReserveAnalyst.com

Julie

"Monty R. Caywood" wrote:

> Is there a way to add a specific bitmap on a button?

class Bitmap
{
};

class Button
{
public:
void SetBitmap(const Bitmap & bm)
{
/* ... */
}
};

int main(/* ... */)
{
Bitmap bm;
Button bt;
bt.SetBitmap(bm);
return 0;
}

Dan Bloomquist

Julie wrote:
> "Monty R. Caywood" wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to add a specific bitmap on a button?

> class Bitmap
> {
> };
>
> class Button
> {
> public:
> void SetBitmap(const Bitmap & bm)
> {
> /* ... */
> }
> };
>
> int main(/* ... */)
> {
> Bitmap bm;
> Button bt;
> bt.SetBitmap(bm);
> return 0;
> }

Do ya think if the op where make'n his own button and bitmap classes he
would need to ask the question?

And next you'll be going bm.Load( RESOURCE ) and on and on...

Better he look at examples relevant to his OS and development system.

Best, Dan.

--
http://lakeweb.net
http://ReserveAnalyst.com

Julie

Dan Bloomquist wrote:
[snip]
> Do ya think if the op where make'n his own button and bitmap classes he
> would need to ask the question?
>
> And next you'll be going bm.Load( RESOURCE ) and on and on...
>
> Better he look at examples relevant to his OS and development system.

Danny boy, it was a *joke*.

Dan Bloomquist

Julie wrote:
> Dan Bloomquist wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>Do ya think if the op where make'n his own button and bitmap classes he
>>would need to ask the question?
>>
>>And next you'll be going bm.Load( RESOURCE ) and on and on...
>>
>>Better he look at examples relevant to his OS and development system.

> Danny boy, it was a *joke*.

Golly Julie,

Put a huge _red_ smiley here:
**
* *
* * * *
* * *
**

Best, Dan.

--
http://lakeweb.net
http://ReserveAnalyst.com

Help! How can I draw a bitmap only with BITMAP information! xqggz C++ 1 06-19-2007 03:07 PM
all bitmap button in grid? David Thielen ASP .Net Web Controls 3 10-25-2006 03:44 PM
setting bitmap on button Ivan P C++ 2 06-24-2006 04:08 PM
How do I get bitmap information of a button (HWND) pythonprogrammer C++ 1 09-05-2005 06:19 AM
Masked bitmap from bitmap Gandalf Python 0 01-29-2004 09:41 PM

Advertisments